Unfortunately for every business owner including home-based businesses, the chances of getting sued have dramatically increased in the last decade. General liability insurance can prevent a legal suit from turning into a financial disaster by providing financial protection in case your business is ever sued or held legally responsible for injury or damage.
General liability pays losses arising from real or alleged bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury on your business premises or arising from your operations.
The basic exposures covered by general liability protection are:
• Bodily injury, including the cost of medical care, the loss of services, and the restitution for any death that results from injury
• Property damage is coverage for the physical damage to property of others or the loss of use of that property
• Products-completed operations provides liability protection (damages and legal expenses up to your policy's limit) if an injury ever resulted from something your company made or service your company provided
• Products liability is occasionally a stand-alone liability insurance that protects your company after your product causes an accident or injury.
• Contractual liability covers pre-loss liability you may assume by entering into a variety of contracts such as easement, building leases, elevator maintenance agreements, or agreements to indemnify a municipality (if required by ordinance)
If you don't have general liability insurance in place, you can be caught without protection. We will help you obtain quality, cost-effective coverage – tailored for your business’s unique needs.
To get a free quote, either complete our online business insurance quote form or call us at 800-922-8381.